Westhoughton Golf Club
Westhoughton Golf club was originally established in 1929 and was first conceived as a 9 hole course. In 2005, the course was extended to 18 holes. The course is a challenging test of golf with the new front nine holes being an open scenic layout with superb greenery.
Westhoughton Golf Club was formed from the British Legion Golf Club in May, 1934. Mr. St. Clair Jackson was appointed Captain and Mr. E. Dickinson, Hon. Secretary. The 9 hole course was constructed on 38 acres of farmland, the farmhouse being adapted for the current clubhouse.